A HREF="http://www.intentblog.com"> http://www.intentblog.com/images2/myintentblog.pnghttp://www.intentblog.com/images2/myintentblog.png UNITY IS STRENGTH - USE IT http://www.intentblog.com/images2/myintentblog.png: THE MEDICINE MEN & WOMEN SHOW THE WAY HOW TO HANDLE RESERVATION. KEEP IT UP DOCS - THATS THE WAY WE ROCK AND ROLL.

UNITY IS STRENGTH - USE IT http://www.intentblog.com/images2/myintentblog.png

This platform would collectively strive to maintain - life has all shades of grey, but not BLACK. It will be a platform wherein any wrong happening; taking place in any corner of the world is highlighted and brought to notice. Furthermore, this will be the pulpit for us to share, discuss and come up with solutions, within the bounds of civil society. So may I welcome you all to 'OUR BLOG 'http://www.intentblog.com/images2/myintentblog.png

Sunday, May 14, 2006

THE MEDICINE MEN & WOMEN SHOW THE WAY HOW TO HANDLE RESERVATION. KEEP IT UP DOCS - THATS THE WAY WE ROCK AND ROLL.

At the very outset, let me clarify how or what prompted me to write this piece for a friend of mine who happens to be a member of this radical and activist blogsite. I am neither a blogger and least a very tech savvy person. Like millions of Indians, i wake up everyday say my prayers, send my children to school, wish that nothing wrong befalls my family, and go about my work. Everyday bang at 9.30 i am in my chambers awaiting the first patient of the day. Yes, I am a Dr. and practise medicine.

Now how this blog happened. The other day, an old friend, a classmate from school came upto me complaining of recurring acidity. After checking and diagnising him and writing out the medicines, we decided to catch up with on old times over a cup of chai. Thus began my journey. We walked down to our canteen and were sipping chai when the canteen television channel was changed by one of the canteen boys to a news channel. Lo! in front of our eyes were these young junior docs trying to save the onslaught of the water guns being weilded by our very own sadistic D.P, who were gleefully competing against each other trying to aim and drench the girl docs more, with scenes of ooh!lala Zeenat Aman style emerging from the water drenched in her white saree, unfortunately here it was only the white coats. My friend fast on the uptake, shrugged his head and posed me a very innocent question - " He asked - Jatin, you are a doctor yourself. What are your thoughts on this ongoing mass anti reservation movement by all these young doctors ? " Are they justified ? " Now this was a question from the blue, a question i had not even thought about. Here i was a happy practising Doctor, had a nice family and two young toddlers. means reservation or not, was so far away from my life, atleast 20 years. But then 20 years just happen, they fly. yes thats when i started doing some serious thinking on this aspect. And why not ? I had witnessed first hand the days of the Mandal commission, the fall of the V.P Singh govt. The self immolation bid by Goswami, and today i am happy and pray his soul rest in peace, otherwise he would have felt so bad to see all his 90% self infected burns bore no fruits whatsoever. I am still trying to remember the name of the boy who fell to the bullet of some trigger happy rookie, whose seniors would have surely presented him a medal for showing courage under fire, and for discharging his duty in the best possible manner. I remember a road or part of a road or a small park in and around INA mkt was named after him. maybe some old timer from the area may recall faintly. But Yes those were the days. The student community burning and the govt using the govt goondas to thwart it. Yes, i was a passive onlooker. An onlooker who had secured his entry into one of the best medical colleges, so why bother. The only pang i had felt that time was that 2 of my very good and dear friends missed out admission as some poor obc boy who had secured only about 12% less then them had to be given the seat. But then i pacified saying - such is life. But today i am wondering is _ Life Such ? Are we not responsible also for what we make of our lives ?? Today I think so and thus here goes - These are my thoughts and experiences and not of the blog owners. I repeat this is my First blog and probably the last. I hope i am able to communicte certain aspects about this issue to all of you. These are questions and aspects i need answers too.I am a proud Indian and a Dr. today. I hope to be part of the building process of Super Power India. I took up medicine as i always felt that is the way you can touch maximum human lives. A doctor, everytime manages to heal an ailing patient feels a satisfaction which only can be experienced and not expressed. I am sure even today one of the main reasons which gravitate a student to take up medicine is that somewhere down , deep in his / her heart is a feeling of doing good to human kind. To help ease pain, to be able to help the neglected and downtrodden with the help of their professionally acquired skills. Now then why are these very men and women today on the roads ? Why have they blatanly forgotten the Hippocratic oath they took, and left their patients to die, and decided to stage dharnas. Let me take the liberty of publishing the oath for you to understand what it means to be and feel like a doctor -

Hippocratic Oath—Modern Version - I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help. " END

So what has taken over these docs ? Are they anti, human progress ? Have they become heartless demons, who dont want to see the downtrodden grow and progress in life. I ask the Powers that be, while Soniaji you are busy pushing your family in the political fray and repeating the history and legacy of dear Nehruji - to successfully create a nehru - gandhi dynasty back in India, have you once even bothered to meet up with the young doctors sitting on a dharna, and braving this heat ? or are you too busy trying to pump up your ahem! - Sports Quota ( Harpoon Shooting ) St. Stephens pass out son to the people of Amethi ? Obviously the trick was simple - front your daughter, look alike of Indira Gandhi and make the poor people nostalgic. Dont think it escapes anybody. But then " Shamelessness" is an art which needs to be learnt and mastered over the years. As for you Manmohan or should we slowly start calling you MacMohan where has all your erudite education drained out - to the Vote Banks ? ? How would you have felt Mr. Singh if you were not given admission on the grounds of sporting a funny headgear ? Mr. Singh thats exactly how my two friends felt 15 years back, thats exactly how my two kids and thousand of other students may feel another 15 years down the line . What say Mr. Singh ? I will only leave you Mr. Singh with a song i am sure you too would have hummed as a youngster in your salad days. -
"How many roads must a man walk downBefore you call him a man?Yes, 'n' how many seas must a white dove sailBefore she sleeps in the sand?Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls flyBefore they're forever banned?The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,The answer is blowin' in the wind.How many times must a man look upBefore he can see the sky?Yes, 'n' how many ears must one man haveBefore he can hear people cry?Yes, 'n' how many deaths will it take till he knowsThat too many people have died?The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,The answer is blowin' in the wind.How many years can a mountain existBefore it's washed to the sea?Yes, 'n' how many years can some people existBefore they're allowed to be free?Yes, 'n' how many times can a man turn his head,Pretending he just doesn't see?The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,The answer is blowin' in the wind."


We Request Mr. Singh - You are the man of the moment, you are empowered and you do have a responsibility. True some of those idiot sc / st politicos will rant Mr. Singh has a responsibility to the past, and i say yes - BUT MORE SO FOR THE FUTURE. if bringing up the downtrodden is what bleeds your heart - i have a suggestion to make - MAKE EDUCATION TILL HIGHER SECONDARY MANDATORY, BUT PLEASE SPARE THE NAGAR NIGAM GOVT SCHOOLS, WHERE THE TEACHERS ACTUALLY DO PONDER AS - IF TO IS PRONOUNCED TOO, THEN WHY SHLDNT GO BE GOO. PLEASE ITS A LITTLE TOO MESSY AND GOOEYEE. CREATE GOOD SCHOOLS WITH QUALITY TEACHERS AND MANDATORY EDUCATION TILL 12TH AND IN A DECADE YOU WILL HAVE SC / ST DHARNAS WANTING THE WHOLE CLAUSE OF THIS CONCEPT TO BE REMOVED AS IT WAS SEEN AND REALISED 70 YEARS BACK BY NONE OTHER THAN BHIMRAO BABASAHEB AMBEDKAR.

So Soniaji, please come out of private affairs and shed a glance and thought on this burning public affair. You have chosen a very able man, we hope you would take similar decision on Reservation.

JAI HIND.

3 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger trivialinc said...

Will Rajiv Goswami's sacrifice go to waste? Please go to his house and see his little children, his 5 year old son, doesn't even know why he does not see his father for the last one year.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Very Nice Blog! Just thought I'd tell you a website I found where you can make extra cash.
It's not available everywhere, so go to the site and put
in your zipcode to see if you can find something. I found something and make
and extra $900 a month!

http://www.degree-programs-online.info/extramoney.htm

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Sir, plese give it out properly.. I would say that.. u are rather articulate to say but tend to fumble and play games like Politicians(E.g ARJUN SINGH ) to fool people lolz.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home